Sunday, May 31, 2009

i've made the choice to wait

i haven't been so pissed off in a long time
it's okay if you don't help much
all we needed you to do was to offer help
the least you could do was show initiative
i feel so stressed now
not good
okay that's enough negativity for the day

treasuring the people around you is important
and i learned this lesson only recently
this is one of the things that's easy to say but never easy to carry out
i'm glad i learned it
i said this before and i'll say it again
next to God, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me
i really really mean that
i have this thing that's sort of inborn in me
when i make a promise i mean every single word
when i make a promise i follow through it the best i can
then there are some promises you wish you never made
hmm
i just wish i had made that promise sooner
but i know we'll work on it together

yesterday, the second greatest revelation was this.
our heart is God's place of worship
there're times when certain undesirable things enter
self-pity
self-denial
guilt
and so on
there comes a time when God shows us how badly our hearts have been corroded by all this
then its time to do some 'springcleaning'
throw out everything unsightly to Him
cast out all burdens for they have no place in His place of worship
only when your burdens have been cast aside, do we really come before Him with a worshipful heart
only then can we concentrate on our prayers
only then can we communicate properly with God



Wait For You
I don't care what people say
I know You promised You'd stay
By faith, I walk in Your ways

I know You are here
Here every day
And I trust in You
In every way

Jesus, I will wait for You
Its Your call what I should do
Its Your time, take my life, Lord
I know it's safe in Your hands
Jesus, I trust in Your plan
I'll hold on and wait for You

By grace I'm safe in Your hands
Comfort no one understands
Love I'll never comprehend

Held in Your loving embrace
I will live to give You praise
Lord, I'll live to seek Your face

i know for sure that He's here
He's spoken so clearly
He's always been there
in the Bible, we see instances where they cry out
"God, don't be far from me"
they don't mean that God had moved away from them
God's always here
we just need to open our eyes
and we'll see the blessings that surround us
they were the ones drifting
we are the ones drifting
He's always been the same
unfailing, righteous, just, loving, indescribable

my prayer, God, is that You'll keep my eyes on You
God, give me the focus
God, give me the strength
God, even as it hurts, i don't want to stray
i've strayed before and i know what it's like
i don't want it to happen again
God, guide me off that broken road
i know i can do it through You

No comments:

Post a Comment