Monday, May 25, 2009

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord, have Your way in me
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Lord we want to lift Your name on high
And Lord we want to thank You
For the works You've done in our lives
And Lord we trust in Your unfailing love
For You alone are God eternal
Throughout earth and heaven above
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know what to think
I think I'm just disappointed
I never thought things would turn out this way
And the more I try, the further you seem to go
It's just a letdown
It was directed at me: I know that
It was in a fit of anger: I know that
What I don't know is why I didn't retaliate
And what I don't know is when I'd forgive
'Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me'
Whoever thought that up was so wrong
Those words should never have been invented.
As much as I know you might not have meant that, it all still hurts
I have prayed about it and I've found peace in Him
Now, I'm just indifferent
It's like it never happened but nothing can change the fact that it happened and things are bound to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment