Thursday, June 18, 2009

what's the truth?

after what i've experienced
i would rather people tell me the truth
than tell me what i want to hear

friends tell you the truth
brothers and sisters hammer the truth into you
not so that they get their way
or that they get to "exert their authority"
nahhh
they do it cos they want the best for you

well,not exactly hammer in my case
but still,the impact was there
i'm so glad i listened to you
thanks for trying to reason it out with me
i so didn't feel like it
so felt like rebelling(sounds so familiar) :)
or not doing it but saying i did
that's how bad it was that that thought even crossed my mind
even if for a few seconds
cos to me the whole thing seemed...unnecessary
i was protesting all the way from clementi to bukit panjang
was trying to get out of it and do things my way
thank God i didn't

you didn't force me into it
you let me make the decision on my own
thanks so much, love ya <3
then again,that i think about it
so did You
You are what makes life worth living

10 hours people
no phone
and it was on purpose
so i could 'focus' on my studies
and yeahhh i made it

unnecessary is how it feels at first
then God makes you realise that THAT'S what is holding you back
that's why you go into self-denial and try to rationalise it out on your own
worship is also about trusting God
even when it seems too difficult or too ridiculous or too unnecessary or too troublesome

just remember
He has His purpose
and we know from experience that it'll all pay off

No comments:

Post a Comment