Sunday, August 30, 2009

it's a family thing

All right man (:
For some reason, I'm feeling awesome today.
Maybe it's the great time I had yesterday?

Sermon was cool, totally spoke to me
Helped me during sharing, gonna help me to share now

One thing about living in defeat is that people close to you can see that you're living in defeat
But you would be covering up the reason for it and let them guessguessguess
I have tried my best to move out of it
No idea why it is so difficult for me to move on from an injury
I guess having had many injuries doesn't make you immune to the spiritual warfare that comes with it
No, I'm not going to die or anything
I'm a survivor because of God

Checkup on Wednesday
Was panicking a lot but yesterday, everything became better
Because I bounced back with God
Yes, thank God for everything yesterday
Thank God for the reassurance and comfort from my dear sisters
(I totally love you girls and I thank God He helped me meet you :D can't thank Him enough for you girls, thank you for all the love!)

Today, I woke up with that feeling again: like I still feel that connection with Him
Proceeded to do Bible reading
I asked Him to show me what to send the cellgroup
With the exception of last week, I felt that it was becoming a little routine
Wow, He gave me a lot, in relation to this week's sermon on CHAMPIONS
God is so awesome

Through the week there's been a lot of negative stuff
Things like politics within the CCA, within my class
Thank God that the only time I'm involved is comforting people (sounds like my shape profile...)
I've seen too many people cry last week
Usually, I'm affected by that but not this week
God's really made me stronger
It can be tiring to comfort but at the end of it, you know you've done the right thing
And when you do the right things with the right intentions, God will raise you up
I believe that what I'm seeing will come in handy in the future
It's not just the training that's tough, it's having to retain your experiences and have them ready for sharing

Speaking of sharing:
I totally loved the sharing yesterday
The group one and the one-to-one one
It's actually a different experience
The group one was fun, it's encouraging to hear people's experiences and it's amazing that everybody shared relatively openly
We're family, and that's really important, it's what I love about all of us
The one-to-one I felt God's presence move in some way
Strange feeling cos it's the first time I've felt it that strongly
It prompted me to share something I didn't exactly want to at first
But while sharing, prompts came to bring in different stuff and it all fell nicely into place (:

God, thank You for helping me to share, during and after the sharing
You know exactly what I need
Thank You for opening my ears to Your prompting and to listen while others are sharing
God, I pray that this will continue to be the atmosphere during sharing
I pray we will be open with each other, as a family should be
I pray that we will work towards being the family that You want us to be
Part about being a family as was said in another sermon is that we're able to accept each other's imperfections
I pray that that would be Nissi G.A.P., a family bonded together by You
None of us are perfect
But together, we'll make up an amazing mosaic
You've put us all together for a reason
God, help us appreciate all we have as a family
In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

When you share, others share
And God will bring forth what He has for the sharing
Prepare for that (:

No comments:

Post a Comment