Tuesday, August 11, 2009

and when you see just what you need

Some of us just KNOW when we see something that is MEANT for us
Maybe it's an item
Maybe it's a song
For me, it was word from God
Sometimes, you just KNOW He meant for you to see it
You feel kinda "left out" that He planned it without letting you know
But you feel overwhelming gratitude
Because whatever He's given you tells you the rationale behind why certain things have to be done, it tides you through the storm you're going through or even prepares you for what is yet to come
This is our God

SYDNEYALEXANDRIATENGHUIMIN showed me this
I feel the need to quote now just as it is important to acknowledge sources in PW

I edited it a little but the essence is right here
I believe it is not coincidence
These words have been said to me before
Repetitively, rather, over the past few weeks
But it was a timely reminder

Letting go is difficult because it is against human nature.
It is saying "No" when you want to say "Yes".
It is resisting the tide.
It is walking away when you want to stay.
It is transcending our humanity and rising to our divinity.
Letting go commands us to be larger than life.
No one ever said it would be easy.
But if you know what is good for you, then, you must learn to do what is hard and what is painful to do.
If you believe a love is meant for you, you would submit to all its tests and make the best of these tests.

It matches what another friend sent me quite a while back:
"I will give up what means most to me so that He will mean everything to me."
It is so true.
It is saying "No" because God tells you to
It is resisting the tide because you know it's what God would want you to do
It is walking away because God's telling you it's not the right time.
It is rising to your divinity because you know God has put something in you that will raise you up
It is being larger than life and being an example, shining His light because you want to
Nobody said you had to
Nobody pointed a gun at you and forced you against your will
Nobody can make you do something you don't want to do
Even God gave us a choice and either way, He would bless us
Letting go of whatever is holding you back from getting close to God is all of that
You make a choice to do it because you want to love Him more
You don't want to risk anything
You want Him to mean everything to you and you make Him your desire

I love what God has given.
Letting go is the sacrifice all of us have to make for God.
Many times, it is God or this.
He never said it's be a walk in the park to make such choices.
He knows how much it hurts: He made the choice to save us even as it meant sacrificing what He loved most - His Son
Jesus made a painful decision as well.
It was clear that He didn't want to do it but He made a choice and paid the price.


Lord, I Offer My Life To You
By Don Moen


All that I am
All that I have
I lay them down before You, O Lord
All my regrets
All my acclaims
The joy and the pain
I'm making them Yours

Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord, I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord, I offer You my life

Things in the past
Things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that have yet to come true
All of my hopes
All of my plans
My heart and my hands
Are lifted to You

Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord, I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord, I offer You my life

This is a song I used to sing all the time in Glory Presbyterian
I always liked how it sounded
Now I LOVE the lyrics
I tell you, each time one of those songs that I used to sing all the time at Glory comes during service, I am reminded of how I used to sing without knowing what I was really doing.
God's really shown me how I've changed
How I think has changed
How I feel has changed
Certain parts left behind, certain parts retained
What's good and what's bad, what to throw and what to keep, He has shown

Sometimes, saying goodbye to something that's not supposed to be there is God giving you a second chance



No comments:

Post a Comment