Wednesday, April 22, 2009

standing on Your promise :)

Still trying to figure it out in my head.

My first ever Nationals heat was today: 400 metres freestyle.
When they say competition is stiff, they really mean it.
There were people doing half my timing.
Imagine my desperation.
But I just realised that I broke my P.B (personal best)
That's obviously not impressive.
So there was a target...... and I met it.
The timing is nothing to be proud of but at least I improved.
Now all I wanna do is to do my best during the 100 metres butterfly tomorrow.
And I wanna do it for God.
I swim for God, not for anybody else.
And whatever achievements I have, glory goes to God.

This verse is something I actually mass-messaged out to the cellgroup this morning but it didn't impact me as much as I thought it did till this afternoon.
It REALLY hit me then.
I was wondering: why don't I perform the way I fantasize it to be?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
---Jeremiah 29:11
This is His promise to all of us.
It's only a matter of time when this verse makes its impact.
Actually, this is a timely reminder because at some point of time, we lose sight of things.
If you're as clueless as me, you need a straight-out reminder.
[many thanks to peijun and belicia] :)

Your sweet promise created on the strong foundation of an everlasting love.
That's all I'll ever live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment