Tuesday, September 8, 2009

break it down (:

2 Corinthians 12: 7-10
>>To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Amen! To keep us from sliding, God allows us to have weaknesses. But this is what saves us. More about this later.
Our weaknesses make us in need for God to fill up the missing bits. Not that we have done anything to deserve it. That's why it's called grace because it's something we didn't deserve but got anyway, on top of mercy.
When you realize that God will take care of it, you're not afraid to admit your shortcomings because you know that the exposure will cause you to rely on God and others around you will realize that it was not you but God.
Delighting in the training isn't easy but because to meet the requirements of the training, you need God so you lean on Him more. You get closer to Him so you delight in challenges because you know it is an opportunity to grow more in Him. And through it all, you grow stronger in Him.
Challenges do not equal to defeat, challenges equal to growth.

Weaknesses can come in so many different forms. For me, it was the injury. Not that the injury itself completely hampered me in any way but it became my weak point that Satan's messenger NEGATIVITY would attack on. But now that I have new perspective on this, I realize that it saved me really. If I had not had this injury restricting my mobility in a sense, 2 things could have happened.
#1: I could have become more rebellious, more determined to stay out late.
>Because I could no longer stay out late due to the constant pain, I was forced to stay home or go home early. Who knows how I would've turned out. God knew. I believe that is why He restrained me, He knew I would not be able to handle it then. I might've told Him I was but He knew me better. He loved me too much to take chances.
#2: I could have hurt myself worse than I already have.
>This thing has slowed me down a lot and it's really been for the better. Now I know my limits, meaning that I know how far to push at the right time. That's important because He knows when I'm ready and when I'm not. I also started to rely more on His Spirit and I'm beginning to see change. Change that will spread (:

Surrender - PlanetShakers
Verse 1:
All that I am, is Yours
All that I have, is Yours
I give You my heart and soul
Lord I’m Yours
Verse 2:
Lord every day, is Yours
Lord every breath, is Yours
I’m giving my life to You
Lord I’m Yours
Pre-chorus:
You alone are worthy of all praise
You alone are worthy of all praise
Chorus:
I surrender all to You
I surrender all to You
I am nothing without You
Jesus Christ, take my life
It’s all for You

I will give up what means most just so He would mean more

No comments:

Post a Comment